An Internet Browser that Provides Privacy and Passive Income for Free
You know all those ads you view every day when you browse the internet? Wouldn’t you rather get paid for your attention? Maybe you already use an ad blocker. Wouldn’t you rather use a browser that has a built-in ad blocker that does a whole lot more than simply block invasive ads?
Brave Browser is super fast, easy to use, it rewards you with passive income for browsing the internet, and it provides you with added privacy and security by actively blocks ads, trackers, and scripts.
The Brave Browser is highly compatible. It is freely available on all types of devices: phones, tablets, and computers, and it is compatible with all Google Chrome extensions.
You can choose your preferred search engine to use through Brave: Qwant, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Google, or Bing.
How Brave Browser Works
It begins with giving you back power. Get unmatched speed, security and privacy by blocking trackers. Earn rewards by opting into our privacy-respecting ads and help give publishers back their fair share of Internet revenue.
As a user, access to your web activity and data is sold to the highest bidder. Internet giants grow rich, while publishers go out of business. And the entire system is rife with ad fraud. Brave is the solution to this problem.
BRAVE SHIELDS FOR PRIVACY
Block data-grabbing ads and trackers
The vast bulk of websites and ads include software that tries to to identify you. They want to track your every move across the web. Brave blocks all this, allowing you to browse freely.
BROWSE AT WARP SPEED
Blocking harmful ads and trackers means a faster Internet
Brave loads major news sites up to six times faster than Chrome, Safari and Firefox on mobile and desktop.
Browse much more privately with Tor
Privacy is about individual autonomy and your right to be left alone. Knowledge about you grants some measure of power over you. Governments use information to arrest people, and place them on lists of who should and shouldn’t be able to exercise other basic rights. Corporations want to influence you in all sorts of ways: how you live, what you want, how you vote… And even individual people spy in order to blackmail, stalk, threaten, or peep. Privacy allows you to go about your life without having to constantly worry about how your actions will be misinterpreted or used against you in future. In a very real way, privacy gives you the freedom to be yourself.
Other browsers claim to have a “private mode,” but this only hides your history from others using your browser. Brave lets you use Tor right in a tab. Tor not only hides your history, it masks your location from the sites you visit by routing your browsing through several servers before it reaches your destination. These connections are encrypted to increase anonymity.
Earn frequent flier-like tokens just for browsing
Turn on Brave Rewards to earn frequent flier-like tokens for viewing privacy-respecting ads. You can set the number of ads you see per hour. Currently you can support your favorite web creators with your tokens, but soon you’ll be able to spend tokens on premium content, gift cards, and more.
When you use Brave Rewards, you earn Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) for each privacy-respecting ad Brave shows you. A typical, engaged person who uses Brave as their everyday browser can expect to earn about $5 of BAT a month. This figure will vary over time and by region, depending on a variety of factors.
A BETTER DEAL
Tip and contribute to websites directly through Brave Rewards
Today, you can donate tokens to your favorite websites.
Brave blocks invasive ads by default. If you turn on Brave Rewards, you can earn tokens for viewing Brave Ads. These ads aren’t like the ones you see on the web. They’re completely private: none of your personal info, browsing history or anything else ever leaves your device. That’s because Brave downloads the whole ad catalogue and selects the right ads for you locally on your device. And when you see an ad Brave picks for you, you earn 70% of what the advertiser paid, guaranteed. Brave Ads look like system notifications. They’re not distracting or intrusive, and they’re not mixed in with the pages you read online. And you get to pick how many, and how often to see them.
Maximizing the Benefits of Brave Browser
After you install it, you’ll want to change the following settings to maximize your benefits of using Brave Browser:
- Settings > Ads > Change setting to Maximum 5 ads per hour. This will enable you to view more ads than the default setting, which will allow you to make more money for browsing the internet.
- Settings > Turn off Auto-Contribute. By default, Brave will donate your BAT to your most frequently visited websites. By turning off auto-contribute, you get to decide what to do with your BAT. You could donate to specific websites, or convert it to any other currency in your wallet.
Benefits for Creators
If you are a creator with a website, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo, or Github, you can sign up as a verified content creator to start collecting BAT tips from users.
- Brave Browser users earn tokens by surfing the web. Brave Rewards is built on the Basic Attention Token (BAT). People who use the Brave Browser can earn tokens by viewing privacy-respecting ads.
- They tip tokens to you, their favorite content creator. Your subscribers, followers, or readers can automatically tip a set amount to you each month, or give one-time tips in an amount of their choice.
- You sign up as a verified content creator on Brave Rewards. Signing up as a verified content creator gives you access to the Creators dashboard, where you can manage all your tips. It will also give you access to your referral link, which you can use to earn more tokens.
- Collect your tips in the Creators dashboard. Once you’ve signed up and logged into the dashboard, you can use our partner Uphold to automatically convert the tokens you earned into a currency of your choosing.
How does all that sound? I really enjoy being a Brave user as well a Brave Creator. I hope you love Brave Browser as much as I do!