“Kale salad? No thank you,” is a common sentiment. However, this is a kale salad worth making! I encourage you to give this one a chance and allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised at just how good it is. I enjoy making this salad several times a month.
I make this with all organic ingredients. This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
A Kale Salad Worth Making
- 1 package of grape tomatoes
- 1 package of mini cucumbers or 2 regular cucumbers
- 1 bunch of red kale
- 1/2 bunch of carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
Notes about Ingredients:
We all have our own personal preferences so free to add/remove/modify any ingredients to suit your tastes!
- Tomatoes: I love all grape tomatoes, but if you have heirloom grape tomatoes available, even better! They are red, purple, and yellow; all are delicious.
- Cucumbers: I peel them before chopping them.
- Carrots: In my opinion, there is such thing as having too many carrots in a salad. That’s why I have 1/2 bunch included in this recipe and not a whole bunch. You could use the other half of your carrot bunch in a soup or stew, or use the whole bunch in the salad if you really like carrots. Purple carrots or rainbow carrots are great alternates to regular carrots if you have them available.
- Kale: Red kale is my favorite variety of kale. I like the taste and texture more than regular kale.
- Peppers: Red and yellow are my favorite but you can use any combination of peppers.
- Dressing: My favorite dressing to use on this salad is this ranch dressing which is non-GMO, gluten free, and dairy free.
- Chop up all your vegetables and place them in a big storage bowl.
- Serve with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
I’d love to see what you make, so add your photos to the “tries” on Pinterest or share them on social media and tag me @strongwithpurpose!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it!