Hi, I’m Kristen!
I live in the suburbs of southeast Michigan with my boyfriend Brian and our dogs Mochi and Waffles. The four of us enjoy getting outdoors throughout every season. You can find us adventuring in sunshine, rain, or snow.
I love singing, dancing, laughing, creating, cooking, painting, gardening, deepening my relationship with the Earth, spending time with animals, and exploring energy, sound, and light.
Physically, I need to be with the water often. I love swimming, floating, and immersing myself in bodies of water, no matter what temperature it is. Water sustains me, whether it’s a lake, ocean, bathtub, or simply a glass of water. I enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, and white water rafting whenever my body feels capable.
I love merging my physical body with the earth whenever I can. Barefoot, bare skin to the earth. Dirty and muddy, sitting or laying on the earth. Whether I’m just being with the elements, or I’m actively gardening, I’m happy to be outside with the dirt, trees, and plants.
I am most joyful when surrounded by nature in all of its forms. Trees, plants, flowers. The many incredible creatures of this planet: bees, butterflies, dragonflies, spiders, and so many tiny bugs that reveal their magic (and cuteness!) to me. I feel so supported and loved by Gaia.
I’m into fully expressing, experiencing, and releasing emotions through the integration of multiple healing modalities and the creation of art and music.
I am an artist and a musician; a sensitive, intuitive being; an old soul and a free spirit.
Where I’ve Been
My original childhood dream was to be a marine biologist, but I got super interested in graphic and web design when I was ~12 years old and it has stuck with me since. Now, graphic and website design have been a passion of mine for nearly 2 decades.
I had wanted to go to college for Graphic & Web Design, but instead went into Computer Science for a while before settling on Information Technology and Security. I thought I had everything figured out in my late teens and early twenties. I rushed my way through college by testing out of many classes and taking way too many classes at once. I graduated with my bachelor’s degree in 2 years time and started working full-time.
I was one of very few women in a male-dominated career field, and it required me to run hyper-masculine energy to get ahead. I overworked myself and constantly neglected my needs in pursuit of career progress.
Over the years, I’ve accumulated a long list of certifications. Some of those include the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and a plethora of certifications from Microsoft, CompTIA, and EC-Council. (I’ve since let most of them expire due to the expensive yearly fees for maintenance.)
As I continued working, year after year, I grew more and more miserable. I found myself trying to escape from my daily life by planning vacations. I always had an upcoming trip to look forward to.
I had what society had told me would make me happy. I had a career and could support myself financially—but I wasn’t happy. I felt like my job was soul-sucking. Sitting at a desk all day in a room without windows took a serious toll on my mental health, and my physical health too.
Eventually, being depressed and living a sedentary lifestyle caught up with me. Spinal issues, injuries, and years of self-abuse lead to experiencing severe chronic pain for many years. I’ve been through the fires of physical transformation.
I started this blog in 2015 and it has undergone many transformations with me throughout the years.
In 2017, I started a podcast that ran for 31 episodes.
In 2018, I quit working my desk job and began focusing on my healing full-time, along with my blog.
I went through physical therapy. I began receiving the consistent chiropractic care that I needed, and I still do need! I began prioritizing frequent massages and craniosacral therapy sessions. I experimented with many different healing modalities including medical qi gong, acupuncture, flotation therapy, hyperbaric oxygen therapy, and more.
I dramatically shifted my relationship with food.
I started creating and sharing a lot of inspirational quote art.
I started an outdoor garden that began quite small and continues to grow in beautiful new ways each year.
I started to spend a lot more time outside in the sunshine, surrounded by plants. I began journeying with plant medicine.
In 2020, I released my first single as Green as the Soul. It’s called Wild, and you can listen to it here.
In 2021, I began studying with Song of Sophia: Living School of Divine Nature. I started this journey of living in reciprocity with Gaia Sophia.
Where I’m Going
I don’t know much. I know enough to know that I do not know… but I do know some things—some things that I’m so passionate about learning about and sharing.
Water is life. It is up to us to protect and restore clean, living waters. We must stop corporations from abusing, harming, polluting, and destroying the natural resources of this planet. We must protect the indigenous people and all water protectors who are making every effort to stop these corporations from building more pipelines which further pollute the waters.
Soil is life, too! We must stop the harmful practices of mass farming with highly toxic chemical pesticides. We need to restore our soil through organic farming and regenerative agriculture practices. We can grow our own food with these methods.
Through living in reciprocity with nature, we heal ourselves and the planet.
It’s more important than ever to heal…
To heal our nervous systems.
To heal our physical bodies.
To heal ancestral patterns.
To break the toxic cycles that have been perpetuated for generations.
To heal the collective consciousness—especially the collective unconsciousness.
To build support for each other through our families and communities.
My dream is to live a simple life in nature, in balance and harmony with all living creatures & spirits present on the land.
Services & Offerings
I dream of creating an income for myself through meaningful work in the world. All that includes remains to be seen. I am open to many possibilities of how that can look & feel.
I intend to navigate life in a soulful, body-led, heart-inspired, womb-conscious way, in flow with the natural rhythms. I most especially want to work with people who share similar values with me about nature & life in general.
I am open to being of service in the ways that best utilize my skills, talents, gifts, & passions, while honoring who I am as a creative, feminine, & sensitive being.
What I’m currently offering includes:
- Physical products printed with my artwork, such as apparel and wall art. My main store is right here on my website. All the products are super high quality and are printed in my local area. I also have a lot of art uploaded on marketplace sites including RedBubble, TeePublic, Spreadshirt, and Spring.
- Graphic and Website Design, Hosting, Maintenance. A la carte or all-inclusive services. I have nearly 2 decades of experience continuously navigating the changing world of web & graphic design, while also doing lots of highly technical system administration / security work. I’m obsessed with beautiful designs combined with functional and intuitive integrations between platforms. I would especially love to provide these services to women, creative entrepreneurs, spirit workers, or any kind of holistic professionals.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Testing and User Experience (UX) Testing for desktop software, mobile applications, websites, & more. I have extensive experience testing apps. I love working directly with developers at companies who are actively creating & improving applications. I am available for direct conversations/demos/interactions with developers, as well as independent auditing/reporting. I am available to work with individuals or teams whenever feedback is needed or on a more consistent basis. If you would be interested in my assistance with testing, contact me and let’s schedule a call.
- Free content. Videos, writings, and images through my blog and social media accounts. I have a pretty extensive inspirational quote library that I’ve been compiling over the years.
- Organic Plants & Seeds. During Michigan’s growing season, I always have an abundance of herbs, flowers, and vegetables, and I love sharing starter plants and seeds with anyone who loves plants, too!
About my Healing Journey & Spiritual Path
I’ve considered myself to be on a personal healing journey and a spiritual path since 2018. During that time, I have received and practiced with many different energy healing modalities. I was certified as a Holy Fire® Reiki Master by William Rand. I’ve been a member of several mystery schools and spiritual communities both online and in-person. I’ve had direct mystical experiences with plant spirits, divinity, and nature beings. I’ve done plant attunements, shadow work, and multidimensional healing. I’ve healed past lives and past versions of myself in this life. I’ve learned how to weave my own magic into form.
And I know that I know nothing. I have struggled and stumbled so significantly on this wild & winding path. I’ve made catastrophic decisions. I’ve harmed myself and others. I’ve been lost, confused, and deeply depressed.
This journey has not been “perfect” in any way, shape, or form. It has been messy and challenging in ways I never would’ve anticipated.
And it is still unfolding, forever in-progress.
And still, I’m here, I’m alive, and I’m dedicated to this healing journey—expressing, experiencing, and moving towards our collective growth & healing.
I believe that we are all healers in the sense that we all capable of healing ourselves and our lineages. We are capable of doing this work both individually and in community.
The earth supports us so strongly in this work, and we are also capable of supporting our personal healing processes by receiving healing sessions from holistic practitioners.
At this point in time, I do not offer any defined healing services to the public. I love sharing about my personal healing journey through my art, writings, images, videos, and other content on my blog and social media when inspired. However, I do feel the pull to move into this type of work in some capacity. I love the idea of offering donation-based sessions over Zoom that are a combination of intuitive guidance, energy work, and conversation. If you’re reading this and you feel magnetized to this type of session with me, I would love for you to reach out and we can schedule a call. ♡
I have benefitted greatly from what other incredible beings are sharing in the world, so I am linking to their transformative work. I highly recommend their content, offerings, and 1:1 sessions. I do not make these recommendations lightly; I trust these souls deeply.
- Eliza & Song of Sophia School
- Kallie & Akasha Wellness
- Dra. Rosales Meza
- Maryam Hasnaa & New Earth Mystery School
- Tasha Nassar
I aspire to be able to raise money to support non-profit organizations doing incredible work in the world. These are some of my favorites that I’m aware of at this point in time.
- Honor the Earth – Uses indigenous wisdom, music, art, and the media to raise awareness and support for Indigenous Environmental Issues, leveraging this awareness and support to develop financial and political capital for Indigenous struggles for land and life.
- Amazon Watch – Aims to protect the rainforest and advance the rights of Indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin, partnering with Indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability, and the preservation of the Amazon’s ecological systems.
- Indigenous Regeneration – Inspires Native Communities on re-generative living concepts, through food cultivation, medicinal farming, culture and eco-village education programs, to achieve re-indigenization and true Tribal sovereignty.
- Indigenous Environmental Network -An alliance of Indigenous Peoples whose Shared Mission is to Protect the Sacredness of Earth Mother from contamination & exploitation by Respecting and Adhering to Indigenous Knowledge and Natural Law.
- Survival International – Working in partnership with tribal peoples to campaign, lobby and protest for their land rights. Investigating, exposing, and confronting atrocities committed by governments and big business. We are here to amplify the tribal voice and make sure it is heard.
- International Work Group for Indigenous Affairs – Defending Indigenous Peoples’ land rights, promoting inclusion in climate action and participation in local and international decision-making processes.
- First Nations Development Institute – Works to improve economic conditions for Native Americans through technical assistance and training, advocacy and policy, and direct financial grants in the areas of stewarding native lands, nourishing native foods & health, advancing household & community asset-building strategies, strengthening tribal & community institutions, investing in native youth, & achieving native financial empowerment.
- Native American Rights Fund – Fights to protect Native American rights, resources, and lifeways through litigation, legal advocacy, and legal expertise.
Bees + Other Pollinators:
~!* 🌊🐝 *!~
^ little things to honor my inner child/teenager.
I love bees! I can’t say this loud enough. I dream of having the resources to be able to restore abused farmland into preserved native wildflower meadows that support a variety of pollinators.
- Xerces Society – Conservation of invertebrates and their habitats through pollinator conservation, endangered species conservation, and reducing pesticide use and impacts.
- The Bee Conservancy – Focuses on protecting bees, safeguarding the environment, and securing food justice through community-based education, research, habitat creation, and advocacy.
- Pollinator Partnership – Promotes the health of pollinators, critical to food and ecosystems, through conservation, education, and research.
- The Alliance for the Great Lakes – Working across the region to protect our most precious resource: the fresh, clean, and natural waters of the Great Lakes. I’ve lived in Michigan my whole life and have experienced many treasures the Great Lakes have shared with me. The issue of preserving the Great Lakes is one that is near and dear to my heart.
- River Cleanup – To limit the amount of plastic pollution beyond the reach of collection and recycling that enters our oceans, we must remove it before it gets there. Educating people, transforming companies, and actively cleaning our rivers are the most effective ways to stop plastic pollution from entering our environment.
I love the oceans immensely, especially ocean wildlife, including whales, porpoises, and crabs.
- Ocean Conservancy – Tackles the greatest global challenges facing our oceans today, focusing on long-term solutions that promote a healthy ocean, abundant wildlife and thriving coastal communities.
- Puget Sound Partnership – Supports the work that protects and recovers the Puget Sound (Washington state, USA); prioritizing healthy human population, vibrant quality of life, thriving species and food web, protected and restored habitat, abundant water quantity, and healthy water quality.
- The Ocean Cleanup – Develops and scales technologies to rid the oceans of plastic.
Inspirations & Recommendations
My Favorite Things List – Products, services, websites, & more things I feel confident recommending, plus free bonuses & discounts.
So, that’s quite a bit about me. Thanks for being here and reading this far. 🙂
I crave community and connection with anyone who is interested in having collaborative, growth-inducing conversations.